Monday, August 17, 2009

Sand From Pipeline Hawaii


Not my favorite place but it did earn my respect of what goes down here. It's all you have heard and then allot more that you just don't get until your paddling in to a set wave with everyone yelling at each other in the line-up. It's the steepest most vertical wave I've surfed with the sketchiest line up you will ever experience. For lack of sheer laziness and some humor, I actually left the locals a little "log" gift in the water since getting all the way back out to drop a deuce is just not an option once you finally paddle out and are in position for a good set. Plenty of great restaurants just bring all your cash & credit cards because everything is super overpriced. They like to break in to any rental car they can find and stink eye anyone who is not "brodakine"to support their lazy way of life. If you want "Aloha" then I would try a different Island in Hawaii and stay clear of this really territorial overrated surf culture of a place. The wave is world class and there is no denying anything on that end. So have at it if you want your go at trying to be Slater one day but I would just steer clear and redirect to less crowded waters if you wanna have a good surf trip. Go watch the Pipe Masters, take some photo's and then surf somewhere else would be my next trip to "brodakineville"

No comments: