Saturday, April 30, 2011

AFRICA UPADATE: The Blue Wilderbeest & a Jackal are 1st 2 kills

Well.......Africa is everything that I thought it would be. A Very Rough & Tough Land. Today, I shot a Blue Wilderbeest with my 10 gauge side by side shotgun with slugs. I really thought the Beast would drop the 1st shot after hiking miles for hours and crawling 200 yards on my hands and knees to get in close enough to make a shot with the 10 gauge that had no scope. It ended up taking three slugs/shots & I was on my last shot in the gun when the Blue Wilderbeest charged me at 20 yards. I was really glad he fell because I'm no bull rider. The Animal was about 600 lbs & a very old bull in the heard. I should be able to post a pic tomorrow!

The Jackal happened on the very 1st night about 4 hours after we got off the plane. It was my very 1st kill in Africa with my very 1st shot. The locals were super happy to get rid of another Jackal (Looks like a small wolf) They terrorize the farm animals all the time.

No comments: