Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Real Fishing Story....

You just never know what mother nature will be dealing out when you go offshore 40 miles to fish. We started late at 11am yesterday and just got back at 1am. If you've ever been 38 miles offshore, fished all day when a nasty storm comes up, and an engine goes down......you know you have a LONG night ahead of you. To make a very long story short and sweet: Always be prepared, know your boat & take people that can handle the worst of situations. We were lucky that we had all three along, and that my wife and the other women on the trip were NOT cry babies. My wife has good sea legs now, but I still have my sinus equilibrium problems. After throwing up the first time and laughing it off....I charged it like visa, did it like nike BUT on the third round of heaving, I decided to go to sleep or they would be putting me six feet deep. Something I will never forget. We actually did catch a few snappers and got to pull a 6-8 foot tiger shark off the bottom. Pictures coming soon in our blogs this week about the Oceans biggest 5.


A good read: Psalms 91

No comments: