Friday, July 31, 2009

Sand From Chicama Peru South America


Some of you that travel allot will not believe me when I say this, but please trust that what I have to say about this country is nothing short of 100% true in my experience and traveling for 3 weeks to Peru. This is without question......Of all my travels the one and only place that I WOULD NOT go back to unless it was a missions trip from my church and GOD directly ordered me to go. Sorry if this upsets anyone who was dreaming of going to the land of perfect lefts...blah blah blah. The country was a challenge on all different levels without going into further detail. The people were nice people and very hospitable but they seemed to be very depressed about their situation or place they found themselves in.....It is 3rd world but I've seen happier people in the poorest of places and this was not the case here. The surf was a huge disappointment based on what we had heard & read. While we did however score some sizable waves, we never saw anything with form or hollowness at any of the 20+ breaks I ran up and down the coast checking(driving 25hours). It is the sickest I have ever been abroad after eating an Un-Sol hambergesa and the other 2 individuals I was with had a worse case of the craps than I. I never really thought that I would ever be on vacation and wish I were home but this is the only place that did me in so to speak. I know this is harsh but the rest of my travels, I can assure you......WILL NOT be outlined like I have described here. I just have to let you know the truth of what I experienced in late October 2005. No offense Peruvians....I'm sure Obama is working on giving away more $ in a town near you soon. He seems to like debt & Spending on other countries. Peru is the only country that I would not be upset with getting a little help from the good ole U.S.A. Good Luck and GOD speed to all who are in Peru and to those who have dreams of going. I'll keep my travels in Central America for now.....

No comments: